I need some help, pain that won't go away

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 29 year old male and since yesterday, I've been having sharp pain about 2 inches LEFT of my belly button. This pain comes in waves about every 30 seconds. I went to doctor and she ran infection screening and ordered an ultrasound which i won't get the results of until 2 days from now. Other than the pain, I really don't have any other symptoms, although my shoulders feel a little warm for some reason. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If ultrasound has been ordered did doctor say why they had ordered this?

Ultrasound is sometimes ordered if they think you might have gallstones so this could be it. You will know when you get results.

In the meantime I would be careful what you eat, as lo fat as possible.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi, yea she thought maybe it was gallbladder related. I've been way gassier than usual these last 24 hours or so. And the pain has even moved right of my belly button as well I can hear a lot going on in my stomach. Some back ache as well. Thanks for the reply
  • Posted

It's possible it's your appendix. Usually on the right but sometimes problem on the left as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.