I started having migraines at 50

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm now 73 and still getting them a few times a year.  Did anyone else start migraines at this age and continue having them?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I started with mine when I was 55, I had them every day with  a few days without. It has taken many different pills and time to get where I am now.  I get them at least one week in six and they are very mild now, so I can cope with them alot better.

• Posted

I always had migraines but after menopause at age 55 they have become almost a daily occurrence.  My neuro said its from lack of estrogen...that can play a big part.  I cant take replacement estrogen cuz I have had breast cancer.  So I just try and take Imitrex when they are too bad... 
  • Posted

Hi Pixy

I hope you're well. I started with classic migaines regularly in my mid 40s. Later things got worse due to trauma/shock to the body and I was diagnosed with Hemiplegic Migraine.

My classic migaines came about more in bright sunlit conditions, maybe because my eyes are quite sensitive to light. About 4 or 5 times a year.

Do you get headaches with them?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.