I stop taking 200mg hydrocloquine medication is it making worse?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have been dignosed SLE on skin, rashes start developed before my 1st pregnancy and rashed developed on my face. so doctor give me hydrochloroquine 1table/day. few months the rashes gone but with scar. after a year i got pregnant the rashes suddently gone while i stop taking the medicine on my own. is it making the disease worse even the rashes is gone?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you should watch out your body to see whether your symptoms worsen or not. As lupus symptoms and medications can vary from each patient, some have side effects with hydrochloroquine or others get better when taking it. You should consult with your rheumatologist about your condition because you stop this meds on your own and see better changes, but you may not know what could happen after that. Your doctor may check your symptoms again and give me the best tip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.