I think I have OLP but dont know for sure.

Posted , 1 user is following.

im very scared because from what I've read it sounds like I have OLP. I've had little canker like sores before but they always healed. about twice a year sometimes I wake up with a swollen lower lip with little bumps on it. but a month ago I bit my cheek and a few days later little red sores with white lacy patches appeared. they got a little better a few days later but then got bad again... its been on and off like this for a month now. this is on the inside of my left cheek and then theres one right under my tongue that I can't see. last week I was swishing salt water in my mouth a couple times daily and it seemed to help. but then I accidently bit my cheek again and it got worse. now the sores are raised again with white spots in the middle... this is on the side of my mouth where I have two bad back teeth that are loose. I went to my dentist two months ago and he says I need deep cleaning and he gave me antibiotics. but this was BEFORE my mouth broke out with this OLP. so im wondering if my infected teeth are keeping my OLP sores from healing? the sores are right along my cheek where they hit my teeth so im sure that irritates them as well.

I am very very frightened because I keep reading OLP may turn into cancer!!! I am in a huge panic. I am going to make a dentist app soon but it will be awhile before I can get in. so im hoping someone here can help me not to panic so much. I know the cancer thing is rare, but I keep focusing on that. its to the point that I dont even want to get out of bed im so upset!

I fell and broke my hip last Dec and am still recooperating from the surgery. thats why it will be awhile before I can get to a dentist. im not in severe pain from the OLP, just minor burning here and there... but my main concern is the cancer thing...

this is the first time I've ever had sores in my mouth like this that arent going away after 3 weeks... getting better, then worse, then better.. etc...

anyone else have this kind of thing?

(and please dont scare me cause im already in a panic)

thanks in advance.. 💕

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.