i think my body system is not okay

Posted , 4 users are following.

i do smoke weed and i feel my body system is no just okay,i keep feeling chest pain ,please is there any medication i can take, cause someone prescribe  CIPROFLOXACIN 500mg for,i don't know if i should process with it,please i will appreciate you urgent reply thanks..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

That would be even worse for you than Pot.

Look at other posts in this Forum about it

• Posted

Hi Derick,

You don't say why you smoke weed (for recreation or for pain relief), nor do you say why someone (hopefully a doctor!) prescribed Ciprofloxacin for you.  Derek is absolutely correct - it could well turn out to be very bad for you.  There are many discussions on this forum under the Fluoroquinolone Antibiotic heading and if you take the time to read them you will soon start to understand just how bad they can be. 

They can affect every part of you as the stuff gets into and damages every single cell.  You could end up seriously or even permanently disabled as it will weaken muscles and tendons and can cause ruptures.  iT can affect your brain causing depression, anxiety, insomnia etc.  It can affect your digestion, heart, liver and kidneys.  It can affect your eyes and ears.

Most doctors will say this is rubbish, it can't be the Cipro doing these things as it's so rare that it affects anybody.  They never report problems with it and tell patients they've got simply 'depression' or fibromyalgia.  Because it never gets reported the doctors think it's rare - so it's a vicious circle of denial!

My advice is don't take it - especially if you've ever taken it before.  Since I have no idea why it was prescribed I can't suggest an alternative, all I can do it to suggest you go back to whoever prescribed it - or a different doctor - and say you've realised you're allergic to it so you want an alternative. Unless you've got anthrax I believe there is always an alternative. 

Do you think smoking weed has caused your chest pains?  It may be the act of smoking rather than the fact you smoke weed - do you mix it with tobacco?  I don't think cipro would ever be prescribed for the chest pains but I do know it's quite likely to give you chest pains!

Don't take it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.