I tried vaping and this happened.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 15 year old male. So I wanted to try to vape out of curiousity, I knew the strict limits I should place in order to avoid addiction, and yeah I am not addicted, no symptoms whatsoever so far.

I took 5 inhalations in total, and on the 5th one i felt a little burn that didn't hurt, but felt weird. Later that day I started producing more mucus than usual, and this went on for the next 3 days. Also now whenever I turn my torso, a weird sound comes out of my nose (huhmph), like it's being pumped or something, the sound doesn't sound normal.

Also my stamina has experienced no changes, I am still able to run 10 miles normally. So my air sacs are undamaged I suppose. I don't really feel any side effects that negatively impact my daily life but this could be a sign of something more dangerous than I originally thought.

Is everything okay? Did my cilia burn off? Should I really go see a doc or is it trivial matter and will be over soon? Cause you know I'd rather not tell my parents that I vaped.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Why would a supposedly healthy and mentally stable 15 try vaping when you don't even smoke, not sure that I can understand your actions.

Don't do it again and you should be fine

• Posted

Im 19, From my own experience i can easily tell you that Vaping is a pure trap for non-smokers to feel the way of smoking as cigarette smokers. Why you'd say? I can easily tell you that the severity of Vaping is the same as smoking, maybe even worse. A standard smoker can quit cigarettes way easier than quiting Vaping.

About your question, the process that you went through is the same process as lighting up your first cigarette which is nothing dangerous nor serious to your lungs or health in general, its a normal reaction for your throat to be itchy or produce more mucus than usual.You don't need to visit a doctor

A word of advice from me, don't vape and don't smoke I did the same mistake 2 years ago, now im having the worst time of my life, with headaches everyday, wasting precious money on cigarettes that don't even have a reason to be in my life.

Hope that my words will have some impact upon you

-Best regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.