I unknowingly hooked up with someone with Molluscum Contagiosum. What do I do ?!?! Please Help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. The topic of this post is about how I (last night) hooked up with a girl, and she TODAY decided to tell me about her Molluscum contagiosum condition 😕 I have some questions and concerns, and I'm hopefully that some of you all well help me out. Let's get into it.

Let me briefly describe the important aspects of this hookup. I am a 22 year old man, and decided to go out with some friends for some drinks. Me and this particular girl were really hitting it off, and we ended up hooking up that night. So, I'll be honest, we were both really drunk, and I had a hard time keeping my erection up, so we really only did "just the tip." Unprotected. Lots of making out and touching. I had my boxers on the entire time; with all the action happening through the hole. I ate her out very briefly.

Lucky me, right? Nope! Today she texted me, very upset with herself, that we shouldn't have hooked up because she is currently fighting Molluscum contagiosum. As livid as I am, I'm trying not to get too upset at her directly. Now, some important details:

1. She has had the virus at least from March to the end of October, and claims to be in the final stages of the virus. She uses a perscribed cream, and claims to only have one "bump" left, since her others have healed.

2. She told me that, because she is in the final stages, that it's probably not contagious. I'm not sure if she was just making that up to make me feel better because I haven't seen any evidence of that from my research so far. Is there any truth to this?

3. You may be wondering by this point: did you notice any of this during the hookup? Well, I couldn't see because it was dark, but i did consciously feel a growth one time with my RIGHT hand. I thought it was just a skin tag or birthmark or something and didn't want to be rude and say anything about it. Since I was wearing my boxers, I didn't feel anything like that directly on my groin area.

Now, some questions and comments I have for you guys:

1. Wtf do I do?!? Part of me wants to see a doctor, but I also really don't want to admit to my mom that I was having sex. She is extremely religious and will be mad. Should I see a doctor now or wait until I notice even the slightest symptoms?

2. I am going to start taking Vitamin C supplements to boost my immune system. I started today, and will continue to do so every day.

3. I see in these forums that shaving your pubes can spread the infection, so I will refrain from doing that.

4. Is there any chance I could have an immunity to this? Or am I completely screwed?

Any and all feedback is extremely appreciated.

heavy sigh 😦

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hey man. Sorry you have to worry about this thing, and sorry this girl wasn't cool about being forthcoming until after the fact. It's no effin fun to have to be paranoid. Good news is there is a reasonable chance you won't get it. Lots of people are immune for some reason, and there is no telling to what extent she was contagious. Yes, if she had an active bump, then technically she is contagious, but the extent to which you were exposed is impossible to know. As for you and your skin now: in theory you are not at risk of spreading the infection on yourself since you don't have any active bumps. And in theory, this means you are not likely to transmit it to anyone else either - UNTIL you have active bumps. Since the incubation period can be weeks or months (3 months is the long end, but some people report up to 6), you won't know for sure whether or not you were able to avoid it for a while, and there is no real point in going to a doctor or treating your skin until you actually manifest the virus. Since I'm sure you're already doing your research, you probably already know the good news/bad news of this virus. Good news is it's not going to do permanent damage; it's not going to cause physical pain; and it's not going to last forever. Bad news is that it's a total mind eff. You're constantly paranoid about it and you have little to no idea how to treat it, cuz doctors don't really take it very seriously. And it can last months to, in some cases, years. You just don't know. So you can really feel like you're on your own. That's why reaching out to others can be a good thing. There's a subreddit on this topic as well. Good luck, man. Given the details of your encounter, I think there's a good chance you avoided it.

• Edited

Hey rbc, thank you so so so much for reaching out. Your response has eased my mind a bit; as much as it's able to be eased. I suppose for now I'll just do my best to not dwell on it, and to keep up on my vitamin C intake.

Best of luck to you too man. Hang in there and never lose hope:) In 3-6 months I'll be back here with an update, whichever the outcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.