I've been depressed for the last few days. any advice ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Yesterday, my partner told me that she has contracted HSV 1. IGG AB 3.5. I was literally in shock. Because we had unprotected sex a month ago. Right now, after googling all the symptoms of HSV 1. I'm kind of getting a fuzzy feeling on my lips such as dry lips. Will be going for a blood test on Tuesday. what are the chances that i might get HSV 1 ?

Is there any things to take note of, if i ever have HSV 1.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You usually would only contract it if she had a flare up at the same time.

Ask her if this was the case?

Most women would find sex very painful during an outbreak so I think you should be ok.

Glad she told you but should have sooner!

Many couples have children with only one partner with the virus.

Check up should put your mind at ease.

• Posted

careful, your mind will play tricks on you if you start to believe you have it. Definitely smart to get tested just in case though. By the way, HSV-1 is SUPER common. Like 80% of people have it, so its not a huge deal. 
  • Posted

I'm guessing you are just fine now as you haven't posted since.

With regards depression?

It may sound too simple but get out every day for a walk.

Walk as far as you can and back.

It's amazing the difference fresh air can make.

It works for me and I agarophobic.

I can't cope with large crowds but I can walk through a forest and feel great afterwards!

• Posted

HSV 1 is no big deal at all 

it;s extremely common just get tested if confirmed positive try to keep the cold sore cream with u incase of any outbreak thats all u need to do 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.