I've been feeling funny lately.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello i was diagnosed with pcos 4 yrs ago. My body has been feeling funny lately. I had one pregnancy and have been trying ever since. I was giving clomid to help me ovulate. But i don't think it worked. My period has been coming on ever month since i took the medicine the doctor gave me. This is the first time since i have took the medicine that my period hasn't come on. My last period was the 9th of February. It should have came back on the 13 of this month. It is now the 24th of March and my period is late. But my body is feeling funny. When i had my first baby i didn't have any symptoms.and i didn't find out i was pregnant until i was 3 mths. Can anyone give me some advice.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Well, congrats on the first pregnancy it gives me hope. smile second my endocrinologist advised any changes you experience with your cycle no matter how small need to be monitored with this condition. So advise your gyno or get an endo. But also remember sometime new meds can sometimes effect the menstrual cycle your body could simply be adjusting. Also the barest signs of stress does have a pretty large impact on our cycles. I know my cycle was very late this month my cycle in Feb was Feb 4 mine for Mar was Mar 23. Anyways check with someone to be sure if you are pregnant a blood test will prove it.
  • Posted

Hi. Just wanted to reply as I seem to be in a similar position. Although I'm not on clomid yet (but will be seeing the Dr to get a prescription) I have been taking Metformin for around 10 years. I came off the pill November last year and have had a period every month, pretty much on time, although my last period was 15th Feb and I still haven't had a period either. I also have a bit of a funny feeling, like something is not quite right, also I have been feeling quite emotional/crying at the slightest thing etc so have been expected to get my period, but it still hasn't come. Sorry if this is not much help to you, but just wanted you to know you're not alone and sometimes these things happen. I was annoyed as I thought my periods would now be regular, but this month shows not. Let us know how you get on, and try not to worry. Take care x
    • Posted

Thanks I hope everything goes with with you. I am making an appointment soon.
  • Posted

Well the same thing happened to me a month ago. I only have cycles when i am taking metformin and i have a cycle every month but last month it didn't come on, and i took a pregnancy test and it said negative then i took another a week later and it still said negative. So it took another one after my cycle was to come on which was feb 7th 2015 and i took the test feb 10th and it said positive. I used those opk's to help me determined what day i was ovulating and i used preseed gel that i purchased at walmart and i got pregnant the first time in using it. i am now 7 weeks 1 day. Good Luck on your journey.
  • Posted

Well i took a pregnancy test on Sunday night. The test came up positive so i went to the doctor's yesterday and i am 7 weeks 6 days today. I just would like to thank the man up stairs for giving me this blessing.
    • Posted

Yaaay i told you sometimes it takes a while to show up, thats how i was congrats and i hope you have a successful pregnancy.
  • Posted

I also took a pregnancy test yesterday (actual did 3 tests) and also came up positive! I'm about 4 weeks so very early. Hope all goes well with your pregnancies and congratulations! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.