I’ve been having digestive issues and shortness of breath, what should I do?

Posted , 1 user is following.

A few months back I had a random sensation of trapped gas, shortness of breath and I would belch a lot, feeling 24/7 chest discomfort, random pain etc. It was my first time experiencing a panic attack because of these sensations and I thought I was dying.

This continued for a few months until now, and new symptoms were being introduced (below).

1. Feeling like my breathing stopped
  2. Something in chest and throat that tightens, or feels discomforting and I have a shortness of breath sensation
  3. Been happening everyday for few months If it’s more intense
  4. I think about it every day also
  5. I feel a rumble in tummy when I burp loud
  6. Sometimes I get palpitations doing normal things or certain activities
  7. I always sigh heavy for relief because I’m short of breath in my chest and throat
  8. I do to tend to worry and I believe I have hypochondria because of this.
  9. regurgitation (of certain foods or if ive eaten too much)
  10. coldness in chest , pressure, etc.
  11. build up in chest, cant take a full breath sometimes because of this (or even sometimes in general when i have chest discomfort)
  12. persistent chest cough with phelgm sometimes
  13. feeling food stuck in throat and chest

However, my panic attacks have become less frequent (I’ll have it at random at night or if I feel like I’m not breathing because of my chest, and the shortness of breath is something that is still common. It also seems to be worse at night, and my benching is very loud and frequent.

I’ve done 2 ECGs, blood test for everything and a helicobacter pylori test and it all came back fine. They’ve put me on 40g nexium (when 20g was not working), however, it doesn’t do much. I’ve also changed my diet and am eating healthier, but I’m still concerned. This shortness of breath is really bad and I think it might be anxiety because at times it goes away when I forget about it or walk, but it’s so bad.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.