I've been having moments where i would froze & my head wont be able to process anything

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hai im lily/yana, i am 20, currently studying. I am born with severe asthma & anemia + a really weak immune system. Recently i have been struggling with something which i cant remember how long its been happening. But the furthest i could trace back was last month when my friend pointed it out, and made me aware and more observant of what's happening. So i would have this "moments" where my mind wont be able to process or work? Time would feel like it paused for me and i wont be able to do anything or think nor do i remember what's going on /what im doing, i am unable to talk aswell as this happens. But after a few seconds/minutes it would slowly stop and disappear with a horrible headache and a loud beep in my ears. It has been happening an awful lot lately and i am not sure if its anything serious to go see a doctor for since i cant find the same symptoms anywhere online. If anyone knows anything please tell me& should i go for a check up? Or is it nothing serious?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You really do need to go and see a doctor about this, you can't be diagnosed on an internet patient forum. It's not necessarily anything serious. It could be a mild form of epilepsy, or even down to anxiety. I certainly isn't dementia if you're only 20. However, only a doctor can diagnose you.

• Posted

I really didnt know what to categorised this as since i have zero knowledge in health conditions except common ones but Thank you and i will get it checked soon
    • Posted

I think that's a good idea. I happen to be a former neuro nurse - hence the suggestion of possible epilepsy - but only a doctor can diagnose you. Ideally you should see a neurologist, but depending on the health care system in your country you might have to start with a general practitioner.

There are many kinds of epilepsy, and they don't all involve falling to the ground and having convulsions. Some of them simply involve temporary "absences" of the type you seem to be describing. However, correct diagnosis is essential, as there could be other reasons for your problem, many of them quite harmless.

I'd be very interested to hear about your progress once you've seen a doctor, if you have the time to come back and post here.

Very best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.