I've been having night sweats on and off for a month, Am I dying?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having night sweats for about a month now they're not drenching, but can make my pillow and shirt damp. I read that this is an early symptom of cancer, so I'm just waiting my days out and hopefully mine's not. I'm just an 18 year old male and my parents just earn enough for us to get by, if I do have it it's gonna be just suffering. I do not have other symptoms though. Only this cough because of my scratchy lower throat and I got a cold this week if that's relevant. I still go to the gym anyways and honestly, I still feel strong. No fatigue whatsoever, but I'm afraid it'll just go downhill from here. Sorry ma and pa.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

If it’s any comfort my husband used to wake up drenched. This was in his early 20's he’s now in his mid 30's and no longer sweats like that at night. Sorry I'm not of much help.

• Edited

Don't be sorry Ma'am. I'm just a boy who's to worried he's gonna die soon. You're comments did help, and I feel much better now.

• Edited

Lawrence, stop thinking you are going to die as I'm sure you are not.

Night sweats in young males are not uncommon and often its because your testosterone levels are fluctuating and havent yet become steady. Its usually a passing phase and will gradually stop as your hormones stop fluctuating.

Obviously if this becomes impossible to live with, then do see your doctor who can run tests, but dont worry.

• Edited

I really hope that is the case Ma'am. Thank you for taking time and responding. I really appreciate that, really.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.