I’ve been prescribed immediate release instead of modified and I have no choice but to take them

Posted , 1 user is following.

I normally take 3 x 75mg of Venlafaxine modified release per day but in the chaos of moving house, changing my GP and Christmas my new GP prescribed me immediate release instead of modified.

At the point of the appointment and picking the meds up I didn't release the mistake as I 1) just assumed it was fine as it should be on my file and 2) I still had enough to see me through the next week away with my family.

Once I did realise, it was in the midst of Christmas/NYE and my GP wasn't open. I tried to get through today when I had a chance but no luck and now I have none of my normal ones left. I get terrible sleep paralysis whenever I miss even half a dose so I have no choice but to try this immediate one tonight.

I'm worried about side effects. Has anyone switched between the two before? Is it a huge difference? Will taking all 3 at once in the evening like normal be a terrible idea? Ideally it'll be sorted out in a few days but with the state of the NHS, who knows.

I also can't afford to pay for another lot of medication, so I'd need a sort of exchange of the meds and I don't even know if that's possible.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.