I've been suffering bells palsy in six years,am I recovered or not anymore?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm fully disappointed of my situation because it's very long time for suffering bells palsy,and idont have any idea if I am recover from this sickness or not because it's been six years already.even the doctors they didn't say anything,I want only to know if is it my conditions recovered?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Omg Janet I am so sorry, I have not ever heard of such a long recovery! My older cousin had it twice in 2 years and he looks good, as for me I had a very very hard time trying to recover, was out of work for 45 days I was not able to form a sentence that anyone could understand me! High high doses of predesone , I had what felt like electrical surges going thru the lower part of my head , awlful ear an eye pain, an absolute nightmare, although for the most part it's gone to others but I still have issues , I really don't think it ever goes away, I can really see it in pictures yet others don't, I sure hope you are not back at the beginning stages of this virus! I do apologize if my comment has not helped you ! I tried singing a lot just to exercise my facial muscles, best of health, Donna 

• Posted

What residual affects do you have?  My face is a little crooked and my eye is slightly smaller after 4 years.  After this long that is as good as it gets.  There is nothing to be done for any improvement that I am aware of. 
  • Posted

Hi Janet, it's been 5 years, still my face tends to swell , I have massages and it helps so much, best way to tell is by taking selfies and see how your face looks, I also still have issues with loud noises and when I get tired my eye twitches, I have had to try to not have as much stress as before, which is easier said then done at times, I have my full body massages 90 minutes about every 2 months it helps so much , that includes full head an facial included, I still worry that it will return, it's something we must live with, when it happened I was newly married second time best time of my life I was totally happy , woke up with it, all the years of a misery first marriage and I was fine, go figure, I try to exercise my face I run my mouth a lot , hahahah , good luck and I hope it goes away forever, it's truly the strangest thing that's ever happened to me , 

• Posted

Have you recovered? Without actually seeing you I couldn't tell you 100%.

If you have movement back on the effected side then I personally would say yes. However if you still have facial paralysis then unfortunately the effects of the condition are irreversible.

I wish you all the best.

Mark

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.