I've been taking olanzapine 2.5mg for months, and I'm stopping it gradually

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking it for 4 months at a dose of 2.5 to sleep because i used to have severe OCD and it made sleep, now my Psychiatrist is stopping it gradually, every 5 days i lower the does and i have 14 days left until i stop it, but i noticed that my sleep is starting to decrease and i read a lot of reviews talking about support supplements i really don't know why , so is there any advice and what to do. and when will the withdrawals symptoms will go away

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello

From my own personal experience Olanzepine is not a very nice drug to withdrawal from. I went off it cold turkey only because the Doctors weren't listening to me so it caused all sorts of havoc to me physically and mentally. However I was determined to ride it out and not start taking it again or anything else to combat the withdrawal symptoms. Instead I just did daily classes of yoga that included meditation and mixed it up with other fitness classes my gym offered. I also consulted a natural health professional and took good quality vitamins and minerals as well as eating a very nutritious diet. It took many months for me to feel like my real self again and proved to me I never should of been prescribed it in the first place.

I wish you all the Best

• Posted

i wish you the best in getting off of it. i, too, am on the same dose. it does help me sleep well. i have asked to gradually withdraw from it but my Np says not yet. Sounds like you are doing it gradually. i have suggested to my np to have a few higher dose pills prescribed so I can titrate the dose down when she gives me the go ahead. I want to lower the dose by .25 or .50 mg alternating like you are with the hope of tricking the brain into getting off and doing it so slowly that it takes months to withdraw. The pharmacist at CVS said the pill cutter they have will help with scoring/cutting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.