I've come off a 50 fentanyl patch to 37 and about to go to 25. I'm having bad stomach cramps and gas.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I sleep a lot and have nausea.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I once was forced to go without my 75 mcg fentanyl patches after a hurricane struck our area closing all businesses for two weeks. I was able to use actiq intermittently but I had cramping, nausea, diarrhea, went beteeen sleeping and restless legs. This also happens when my doctor changes my medication from Fentanyl to something else. Hot showers, Clonidine, Zofran, Valium or Xanax can all help with the worst of the withdrawal symptoms. Talk to your doctor about medications to help with the worst of the symptoms. Staying busy can help, even if the thing that keeps you busy is sleeping. Good luck. I will keep you in my prayers.
    • Posted

Hello my friend.

Ya like mentioned, if you can get ahold of some type of valium, and get up run around the house and try to do something that will counter act the withdraws. I know, easier said then done, but you are stronger then the symptions are. I had to come off Merthadone 60mg per day once and that is just as intence I believe. Darn I wish I could give you some of my Amatriptoline, because something like that would help you also. I'm on 75mg Fentanyl now however it does help with my pain. I don't know your living situation but I would play some music you loved as a teenager, do some Nyquil, "night time", and go outside and clean the garage if you have on, or pick up a broom and sweep the sidewalk

I am unable to us alcohol, but I often wonder if a strong stot of whisky, and a short walk would help some folks. Your body is not producing pain endorphins right now. If your pain level is normally high without medication, the withdraws shoudnt be as bad. My pain level beats the hell ouf any withdraws, it seems so moving around should work off the withdraws, and always remember that many of us have been through the same thing and we made it. You will too, and write me anytime you like. I believe everybody needs some sort of drug substance while withdrawing. Do you have nothing?

• Posted

I came off Fentanyl patch 75, to Dilaudid 16 mg 1 x a day. The withdrawal usually takes about a week as I have learned from others on this board.

Donna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.