I've going nuts,what should I do next.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, I'm a 38 year old male, overweight,and just quit smoking bout a month ago. My problems began a little over 2 months ago. It began with q slight chest pain. I went ro the er,they say my blood pressure was high,the gave me a chest x-ray as well as blood work and ekg. The test didn't show anything wrong,they gave me something for anxiety,and sent me home. Since then I've went back to the er 3 times, had an CT scan of my lungs,that showed no blood clot,mire x-ray test and blood work. I've done the treadmill stress test as well. Since then my symptoms are adding to the list. No I get chest pains that come and go through out the day on both left and right sides radiating near the collar bone and arm pits. I have more gas and stomach discomfort,so now I take prilosec. But all this is depressing and nobody has diagnosed me with anything.....any suggestions?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If it's Costo you get pain to the left of the sternum and pain in chest. If you press chest it makes a kind of cracking noise and I got sharp pains in ribs. It sounds like anxiety to me. Try and relax and download an app to relax and breath to on your phone or iPad

• Posted

you could have torn cartilage in your rib cage, that's what was wrong with me and EVERYONE (Inc docters) told me it was anxiety which to be honest made the situation ten times worse because I knew myself this was a real physical pain so then I was anxious on top of that. i still did all the anxiety self help like breathing and meditation to calm myself down and I just went back to the docter and thankfully I just got the right docter. Or another thing could be GERD, my doc said that acid reflux can cause really sore pain in the chest and that would explain your gas issues. if you are overweight though and you just gave up smoking you ARE going to have health issues for a while, your body is probably going into shock cause your being nice to it haha! fair play though on trying. i hope you get a resolution soon. smile

• Posted

I'm going through pretty much the same thing. But I have more added on top of it. It has been going on for a year now. No doctors have figured it out. Hopefully we can get these things sorted out. It can be pretty scary at times. I'm only 27 and have no real stress and when it feels like your heart or body is shutting down, you get pretty worried. I will try to keep updating anything I can on here, so if I get some type of info I will share it with you to see if maybe your doctors can help you.

Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.