I've had a headache for 4 years. I'm perfectly healthy. They make me pass out. Any ideas?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I lead a healthy life, exercise, diet and sleep. I don't get stressed and I am a calm teenager. These headaches get worse with the lights and so much so that I pass out. Sometimes I almost have an electric shock-epilepsy episode before I pass out.

This has been going on for 4 years and I have had every test from the doctors but they deem me fit and healthy. The headaches are very annoying and disrupt my A Levels and my previous GCSE's.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

First, can you clarify what you mean by the headaches get worse with the lights ?

some people get flashing lights before a migraine attack. I knew if I got an arc of flashing lights ( usually yellowish in colour) at the top of my vision I was starting a really bad migraine.

or it is possible that migraines are triggered by certain sorts of lights. One supermarket used to trigger a headache in me. 

If you have had an EEG this should have shown if you have suffered an epileptic seizure. 

If you can clarify the above it might help unravel some suggestions of what causes your headaches. I know how debilitating they can be and the last thing you need when you have exams coming up.

• Posted

Any type of lights and the more I am around them I get worse headaches. The glare of the laptops at school make them worse too. Does this help?? X
    • Posted

I have also had an ECG, EEG, CT Scan, Sleep Deprived ECG, PET Scan, and an MRI scan. Nothing came up and the doctors don't have a clue why not. They're not really migraines just like a migraine. X
  • Posted

Its worth checking out if you have some kind id epilepsy however there is also NEAD which is non epileptic attack disorder, it could be underlying stress and one way of expressing stress/ emotional overload. I'd talk to your GP, get some tests done first, the headache could be tension headaches linked with you being not overly outward with your emotions, the headaches are very intense, mine start from the neck and go all around my head, that's the muscles tensing up constantly. Chronic tension headaches. However I am not a Dr but I do feel for you, book an appointment with your Gp to discuss it. Good luck, Nick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.