I've had abdominal dissension for 3 weeks, what should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've dealt with constipation for a few years now, but it has been managable with proper diet and hydration. I am fairly healthy...average weight for my height, excercise regularly, eat well and indulge here and there (although I could be better with incorporating more vitamins and nutrients in my diet), and have no other diagnosed health conditions. Occasionally I would experience mild bloating, but once I had a BM, it would go away. I usually have a BM on average every other day. 

However, almost three weeks ago, I experienced consistent, significant bloating to the point I look pregnant. It has not gotten any better and I can't even wear pants. It looks like a balloon in my belly, and even after having a BM there is no relief. There has not been any changes to my diet that would have potentially led up to this. I went to my GP and she had me get an ultrasound, but the results were normal. So I still do not know what's wrong. I can't even exhale and push my stomach out to make it look more full, because it has already expanded so much.

I've done some searches and I've seen things like IBS, SIBO, celiac, and leaky gut pop up. But I'm still not sure what to do?! I do have anxiety/depression which I've dealt with on and off for several years - something associated with the aforementioned conditions. But I'm not sure if that's linked with this problem or if it's situational

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It seems you have gas. Did you try simeticone ? You should find it over the counter . And avoid some food that can give bloating . I had once ,many years ago something like you describe and I eliminated cabbage ,broccoli ,califlaower and still was bad . One day I remebered my father saying that potatos are making him to bloat .. So I eliminated potatoes and voila ,it went away in a couple of days .Also avoid all sugary things ,they will just ferment in your belly and make things worse. And one more thing ,aren't you lactose intolerant and you do not know ?Try to eliminate also diary products for a while .let me know .
  • Posted

I've had constipation for 3 weeks until this morning pure joy. I took laxatives but to no avail. The stools are not hard just to large to pass. I did some yoga I saw on youtube and massarge my colon. It was still painful but I got there. I know mine has been caused by parecetmol I've been taking for shingles.

I also found pressing my right bum cheek where I could feel it all compacting helped.

• Posted

Hi  Janet ,could you pls tell mewhat kind of laxative did you take? and about the video from youtube maybe you could give a hint how to search for the video? Maybe it is aloud to give us the link? Thank you very much .
  • Posted

Well you have had anxiety and depression issues. Well I have had anxety issues as well, and I can tell you that anxiety does affect to a great extent with digestion. And the only way you can come out of constipation is to have minimum anxiety or depression. Even if you eat well,exercise well. But if you have high anxiety levels,it is very difficult not to have digestive issues. Go and educate yourself about anxety and am sure once you know what methods to adopt to lower your anxiety,you wont face any digestive issues. Well it is not necessary anxiety brings digestive issues,but chances are high.Once you are aware of managing your anxiety. I would suggest do a colon cleanser using Mg O7 for a week. And you ll be fine then. I hope it helps smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.