I've had BV for months now...

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had BV for months now and I think it's finally making its way OUT!!! I'm in highschool and I have been sexually active. The BV arrived around a time I was not sexually active. I noticed a pretty disgusting smell coming from my vagina that kind of smelled like a rotting dirty diaper. Gross! I know... I was too embarrassed to tell my mom so I have waited it out for months which I do NOT recommend doing. I've tried cleaning down there as much as I could and it did nothing then I tried soaking a tampon in diluted Apple cider vinegar and inserting it. It just made everything smell worse!!!! I kind of gave up but it seems like for the past few days I haven't had any bad smell or discharge and I think it has to do with me being so hydrated. I can't say I'm cured, it might come back but for now.... water has seemed to flush it out. My BV isn't as heavy as some people have it. It started of super heavy. Even people around me could smell it. I still have a faint embarrassing smell but for the past few days I've been smelling fresh. I want to make updates to tell if the water really did flush it out. Maybe I'm just having a good day with it 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It probably getting better but its a little uncommon for stuff like that to clear up in its own, if u want a tip that will help get rid of the smell , drink lots of cucumber and aloe vera water, and aply aloe gel and cucumber and then wash it later. The aloe will help kill the bactiria or fungus depending on what it is exactly and keep the skin healthy overall, and the cucumber will help eliminate the smell and kill the bactiria... also try to eat yogurt everyday and put some garlic in your diet. Im in highschool to, going onto my last year. And ik how embarising problems like this could be at oyr age But ik a bit about this stuff and i mentioned some "natural remidies" that should help because i would imagine u dknt eant to see a doctor or go buy ointments for it although that would be the best thing to do. If u want to keep in touch and get more advise just msg me, because i should be able to help.

• Posted

also i sent u a private msg and i would suggest reading it
  • Posted

Also vitamin d3 can help, vitamin c inserts can help with the smell, and drinking citricy drinks can help. I giving advise because after a long while bv can become somewhat dangorous in exreme cases
    • Posted

Late reply but I ended up going to the doctor and it went away when I took the antibiotics! It came back unfortunately but my mom and doctor don’t seemed to be worried. Doctor told me to take over the counter medicine and if it still doesn’t go away, I’ll get stronger medication 
    • Posted

Hi. Which over the counter medicine did your doctor recommended?
  • Posted

Suzy I think you should visit your doctor to make sure your dealing with Bv. You shouldn't be having to do the things you've described to deal with this problem.

Proper medical advise and medication is the way forward and is the best way.

Do you have well women departments or a clinic you could go to.

• Posted

I really want to go to the doctor but I can't seem to work up the nerve to talk to my parents 

• Posted

If your 16 or older, u dont need to talk to your parents or whatever... u just need a health card and u can goto a local clinic or see a family doctor, in canada at least im not too sure about the states

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.