i've had fallen of my bike on my wrist, it hurts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is it normal that after 12 days of accident my arm hurts when i make sudden moves? Ive done a xrays and doctor said that my wrist may be broken and i got a plaster , wore it for a week and went back to the doctor and he said that it is not broken and iwas wondering is it normal that my wrist hurts. Sorry for my bad english.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Goodness so sorry for your fall. Was your arm and wrist Xrayed? If not it MUST BE Xrayed. Any good doctor would X-ray even before putting a cast on.
    • Posted

Yes , it was and he said one of the bones might be broken and then i wore the cast. And tben when i returned after a week on examination doctor examined my hand witout xrays and said that there is no fracture so i was wondering if he had diagnosed me wrongly and there is actually a fracture because it hurts me when i move or maybe it is supposed to be like that for a while.
  • Posted

I'd go to another doctor or to the hospital emergency and tell them my wrist really hurts please X-ray it. Get another opinion. 
    • Posted

I think i'm goind to do that, thank you very much for your support, cheers! smile
  • Posted

Let me know how it goes. The cast should have been put on and taken off in one week with NO X-ray after the cast was off. I was taken to the hospital and they Xrayed me there.  I was Xrayed 3 times in the 6 weeks I had my casts on. I had a splint 1st for one week from the hospital then X-ray when I went to my surgeon. Then cast on for 3 weeks then off and Xrayed. Casts on 3 more weeks then off and Xrayed. That was when my orthopedic surgeon said they were okay without cast. 
    • Posted

". The cast should have been put on and taken off in one week with NO X-ray after the cast was off'' so how did you get to the hospital and xray it? Did doctor send you or you went by yourself ?
  • Posted

I skidded and fell down on my wrist in July. It was x rayed straight away and a temporary plaster applied. It was then x rayed again a week later and a new more permanent plaster applied. Another x ray after 2 weeks and then i was told that the plaster would be removed after 4 more weeks. Have you had no x rays at all? If this is right, then I think you should go back to the hospital and get it checked.
    • Posted

I had my first and inly xray the day when i fell. Then i had got a plaster, and i wear it for a week then doctor just examined it without exray and said it was fine. Now it doesn't hurt me all the time , just then when i forget about it and move my hand in centrain way.

• Posted

Yes like the others, I'd say if you're still in pain it's worth going back. Maybe it's a hairline fracture that isn't severe enough for full plaster but still unpleasant. If there's no swelling then maybe not actual break & but better safe than sorry! Mine was a proper dramatic break, dislocated, swollen mess so no doubt about it, wouldn't wish the pain on anyone & it was constant for weeks..Put a bit of ice on it sometimes & support it until you know for sure. Hope you're feeling better soon
    • Posted

I'm so sorry about your pain, and thak you for your supportive answer.
    • Posted

So swelling indicates that there is a fracture even an minor one ?

• Posted

I'm no Dr but in when you break a bone it swells to protect it..soft tissue gets damaged too..that's what I've had problem with because when it's in a cast the soft tissue can harden so you get stiffness & it feels like a brick at the end of your arm! There's different kinds of breaks & all kinds of bits that can damaged in your wrist & hand..a sprain can be horrible but if you're worried about it then get a 2nd opinion..they won't mind checking it for you x
  • Posted

Morning Sulfat; it is hard to say what/if wrist is broken without x-rays;  you may have "badly sprained" the wrist and yes this will hurt if you put pressure on it/twist wrist.......perhaps if you try strapping wrist with an elastic bandage securely (but not too tight that it stops circulation) and support wrist this way for another 2 weeks or so???   cold packs will stop pain, but these too, must only be put against wrist for 10 mins at a time and wrap the ice pack in a tea-towel.........if this doesn't help, and wrist doesn't improve, ask GP for another x-ray/review  (there are many small bones in wrist, and you may have broken one of these which is hard to pick up on x-ray...am assuming that it is The wrist and not up the arm??)....hoping that this helps???...........Bron
    • Posted

Morning,

I have not been to the doctor because pain had stopped at some point smile but i have had twitched my wrist by sudden moveby accident and little pain got back, but im shure it will be ok. Thank you for your help smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.