I’ve had irregular periods for over 8 months after the pill, is this still normal?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 25 y/o female experiencing irregular periods since the start of the year. I stopped taking birth control pills on January 1st, got the covid vaccine at the end of January, and have since gotten really odd period symptoms. For example, my blood is dark brown throughout the entirety of my cycle, mucus-like with clots and very light in flow. I have a period every 12 days and it lasts around 7 days at a time. I have gone to multiple physicians in search of answers, but no one has been able to determine the cause of this issue. The most recent medical tests have tested for hormonal imbalances and everything has come back within normal range. I tested my thyroid and that showed up as normal as well. I also had a pelvic and intravaginal ultrasound and nothing abnormal shows on the results. I also struggle with hirsutism and have had to resort to electrolysis to remove it because it was getting worse in my neck area recently. I don't know why it is that I keep getting two periods a month and am struggling with male pattern hair growth. What should I do about this issue if I am wanting to conceive sometime in the next few years and what vitamin supplements should I take to get normal (every 28 day) periods oncemore. Thank you for any help in advance!

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.