I've ive had anxiety since age 11 - I'm now 30 and so tired of it

Posted , 3 users are following.

I understand where my anxiety stems from and I have taken meds on and off for 10 years but at the moment it just seems relentless.

My current job is stressful and I've been coping and battling on until this week. I phoned in yesterday and asked for a leave day today (I made an excuse for the reason why, work are completely unaware I have anxiety) and now I just can't face going back in. I haven't slept properly for 4-5 nights. No sleep at all tonight and just absolutely dreading facing people in the office tomorrow and I have 4 appointments all of which need driving to.

I'm so tired of the constant butterflies, misery and exhaustion.

I came off meds about 4 weeks ago as they were not working at all. Since then my sleep is disrupted and im quite teary - more than usual. I really don't want to go back on them as I feel they mask the problem but I also can't afford to pay for therapy and realise the waiting list for an nhs therapist is so long in UK.

I guess I'm just sounding off and looking for advice. I have a v.supportive partner and a daughter (who prefers her dad over me) and feel guilty for them having to put up with me

I'm at a loss and so sick of feeling this way.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I too go through what you're dealing with eventually you'll start sleeping. Hang in there

• Posted

Hi, joanne...as we say here in America, join the club...I was born with anxiety because all my baby pics show me as deer in the headlights kind of face.  I am now an old lady, and I still have anxiety...been taking antidepressants and antianxiety all my life, practically...I have to learn to try to put it in the back of my mind...only wish I could go back and start again without all the anxiety and learn how to live and have a good time with family and friends...
    • Posted

Oh me too and I just hope I can somehow rid myself of it. I'm really struggling at the moment and the anxiety is pretty strong and still affecting sleep.

The only way I sleep is by drinking now which is so unhealthy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.