I've just been told I have herpes

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello ,

I am a man of 27 years of age. I have just been told I have herpes and I am wondering if people can tell me how they got on and also with their love life etc etc.... I'm finding it hard to believe that I will ever be in a relationship ever again . Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's hard to take all in. I'm pregnant and was told last week I have it. Understand that it will help if you read up on it. Because you'll realize how common gh truly is..

• Posted

My bf fooled around with a girl off on the side. He said he ply revived oral sex, within two days I was getting symptoms, all I can say is DONT ITCH, When u get a really bad itch, u can expect a breakout...

I've had genital herpes for a little over a year, n haven't been with anyone besides my late bf, he died last thanksgiving... I'm not an ignorant person n couldn't sleep with someone without telling them, it's not like it would be a secret very long...

• Posted

Which HSV type do you have?
    • Posted

To be honest feliscatus I don't actually know, I'm still waiting for blood results to come back so it's not actually diagnosed . But for visual 2 doctors said. It is only one spot on its own and has been there 4 days now and not crusted over

• Posted

They should have swabbed the lesion, and I hope that they did. A visual diagnosis is not always accurate and does not indicate the HSV type. The IgG blood test is only good after 2 to 3+ months from infection (so no good if this is a brand new infection). The IgM blood test is unreliable and not advised (except by doctors who don't know better). Don't know how you were tested, so just fyi!

• Posted

All i can say is life goes on so just stay true to yourself & keep yourself informed as well as future partners.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.