I’ve noticed bleeding when purging, has anyone experienced this before or got any advice?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This has been going on for a couple days now, started light now quite a lot.. throat feels uncomfortable but not particularly sore, and can taste blood although none in my mouth. Has anyone had this before? Don’t know what to do to help it get better without stopping purging sad

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've had this a couple of time though not through purging.

(Was bulimic for 14 yrs) but I am diabetic and several times became ill Couldn't stop vomiting practically every hour, when I was in hospital I showed it would the Dr and she said my oesophagus was erodid because of the stomach acid.

But with regular purging there is the potential to develope oesophageal varices wich are basically swollen blood vessels in your oesophsgus caused by the pressure created during vomiting. These can rupture and you can potentially bleed to death.

I understand it would be your worst nightmare but if it continues/gets worse you have to fess up to a Dr as it could be very dangerous and it is treatable. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.