I wake up with discomfort in my chest.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a middle-aged male that's being treated for A-Fib. Recently, I woke up late with chest pain. This was around 12:30 am. The night before I walked for 1 hour (3.5 miles) in 30-degree temperature. I felt great after the workout. Later, I ran some errands and ate dinner around 6:30-7:00 pm. I got ready for bed and laid down around 8:30. I started to feel the discomfort immediately. I thought at first that it was indigestion and tried to expel some gas but had no luck. I got concerned because the pain in my upper chest got worse. I then went to the ER. I arrived and the ER staff completed the normal chest pain protocol. I explained when the discomfort started and they performed an EKG, which was normal. They gave me the cocktail for indigestion and heartburn which didn't help. I was admitted for observation and while I was there the cardiologist completed a stress test on me which showed the presence of A-Fib only, nothing else. I was discharged and given some medication for indigestion. . Other than being fatigued, I felt great the rest of the day.

Later that night I went to bed around 9. At 10:30 pm I awoke feeling the same pain. But this time, I was desperate and wanted to ease the pain so, I took Tylenol, hoping it would ease the pain. It took affect immediately.

I hope someone reading this can shed some light on what it causing my discomfort at night. Is it my heart, the stroll outside in the cold which damaged my lungs or indigestion. I'm on a blood thinner which might cause a problem

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!

B.C.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.