I want great care website

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have just found a website formed by a doctor called I Want Great Care.  I was looking to give feedback on some of the very poor treatment I have had from physios, doctors and surgeons and want to warn other people of potential issues.  On this website you can score your doctor and make comments.  I have already been very busy making comments on the website  as I have suffered from great pain and lack of mobility for nearly nine years due to the poor communication and dishonesty by a number of the senior medical profession.  It is only by my own endeavours that I am now improving.  This website gives you chance to be honest and hopefully improve England's medical care and attention.

4 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ohhh interesting. I once had surgery on my knee and needed to be on crutches for 6 weeksm my physio took them off me after a week and i think something healed wrong and now my knee clicks, locks and i cant walk up stairs without having to sit down after because of the pain in my knee. Silly physio
  • Posted

I am so sorry that you have had so much pain and difficulty over the last nine years and thanks for posting about this website I hadnt heard of it. 

I am one of the lucky ones who having had 2 THRs last year and received excellent treatment from start to finish. So if you have had problems then by all means you need to make the authorities and others aware but also dont lets forget to give praise and positive feedback to those that deserve it.

Im going to check out the website and add my feedback.

Linnet x

• Posted

Very pleased you had a good result.  Did you have both THR's at the same time?  Just wondered if your legs are equal length, as this appears to be a frequent issue, due to lack of attention to detail?  Do you mind sharing the hospital and surgeon who looked after you so well, as I might need to see another surgeon at some stage.

Best wishes.

H

• Posted

Thanks for sharing. I shall be giving plenty of praise to surgeon and nursing staff as they were exceptional.
  • Posted

Good for you Happyhopper!  It is very important to tell the truth about individuals within a system.  I too have suffered poor treatment and search for the ways to bring about change, or at least warn others with what I know about someone in particular.  We have the right, as patients, as consumers, to receive excellent care.  But sadly, there are those who are only there for the paycheck.

Thanks for sharing! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.