I woke up with my red eye itching like living hell!! please Help!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone again. I am in desperate need of help, my right eye is itching so badly. It went on for an hour. Right now is itching less, but when it comes it seriously makes me want to scratch it with a cactus. Please tell me what is going on and what can I do about it. Thank you so much, you are amazing people

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

h

Hello,

You don't mention if you have had anything wrong ie, shingles etc, as i have had an itching right eye every single day for over 4 months and it is HELL!! Once it starts it just goes on for ages, it's easy for other people to say "don't touch it" but they have no idea how hard that it when it itches so badly so I scratch it, and then just starts again and my eyelid is so sore. I use eye drops prescribed by the eye dr, but you can buy drops for itchy eyes, nothing helps me, as apparently it is called "dry eye" and needs exyra tears, I wish you luck as I certainly know how horrible it is! ( maybe the pollen has caused yours)

• Posted

Luckily enough, it was dust. And it means I can clean it, phew. I was given antistaminic eye drops. They worked really great. Right now I do get ocasional itching but it's not severe and lasts short. And I agree, right now my eyes are dry. Plus I slept with a possibly dusty plush. So heh... Nothing else but my fault.

?My eye was red from scratching, inflammed and itchy as 7hells. I am so sorry you're going trough this nightmare. People did tell me not to scratch but at a certain poit it got so itchy I thought I will need to ''rip off my eye corner'' God dear... Also , I attached a picture of a drawing I made of my eye. I applied red to the itchy area. So maybe you could tell me more.

?Otherwise, I wish us good luck ;;

• Posted

You could have allergic conjunctivitis, either all year or seasonal. I have dry eyes too and have to use catacrom to reduce the allergy bumps. I think I am allergic to: dust/dust mites/grass. It's annoying my eyes itch here and there but it's gotten better apparently along with my dry eyes but I feel no different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.