IC & Hysterectomy (should I be worried)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with IC eight years ago. I spent three years listening to the doctors, taking their recommended drugs, going through their procedures. Nothing helped, it only got worst. I finally took it upon myself and got hold of every book I could find on healing myself naturally. I am happy to say I have had my IC under control for a little over two years now. The only time I can not cope is when I am menstruating. I can't work, walk, eat, I mostly just crawl to the bathroom to throw up from the pain. Not to mention the bleeding. I am interested in getting a partial hysterectomy, but terrified what it will do to my IC/bladder.

Has anyone else had good or bad experiences with having a partial hysterectomy years after being diagnosed with IC??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This is slightly unrelated but may I ask what you used to cure yourself naturally? I have had IC like symptoms for about 5 months following aUTI. The urologist  hasn’t said its that yet but I have a follow up in 1 month as I had a Cystoscopy 2 months ago. I have been taken D mannose as recommended for bladder irritation and it seems to be helping heal my bladder. X
    • Posted

I actually just went on amazon and got as many books as I could on healing IC naturally. I tried every recommended diet, hormone testing, allergy test, blood test, hair test to see what was in my body, removed all of my piercings, removed the metal in my teeth, removed chemicals from my home, got rid of my bed and bought an organic bed, made my own hygiene products and so on. I tried EVERYTHING until I found what worked for me. From what I gathered from all of the books I read, everyone and every case is different. You have to find what works best for you. I will say that removing my metal fillings and getting an organic bed is when I noticed the most difference in my health. I was bed ridden for four years and could not walk without a cane before I started my journey of healing. It's so liberating to just be able to drive a car again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.