Idiopathic intercranial hypertension

Posted , 1 user is following.

After repeatedly visiting the doctors since june, 2 weeks ago i was diagnosed with IIH via ophthalmologist, who immediately sent me to A&E.

the following day i was given a lumbar puncture to reduce the pressure from 39 to 18.

i was pretty much free to go following this but im clueless as to how this now affects me.

the symptoms seemed to go, but my left eye still feels odd and my ears are blocked - not as bad as they were, but more noticeable when lying down.

i feel a strong pulse in my neck a lot of the time and dont know if its related?

i desperately want to speak to others who have this, as i dont know who to ask and its getting me down.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.