If I only have herpes type 2, does that mean I got it off someone I only had unprotected vaginal sex

Posted , 2 users are following.

If I only have herpes type 2, does that mean I got it off someone I only had unprotected vaginal sex with, rather than unprotected oral sex too?

I have been trying to work out where I got the disease from, as I had unprotected sex with my ex for a long while, and never had any sores, yet after having unprotected vaginal only sex with a friend, I had these sores. He is the only person I have slept with that I haven't performed oral sex on, so does this mean he gave it to me, rather than the others, who I did perform oral sex on, as obviously I surely would have herpes on my mouth by now too, as this is my first outbreak, and it has been horrible.

Thank you

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Herpes type 2 genital wise ? That's the only way to get that is through sexual contact .

So more then likely it's the person you have been having unprotected sex with usually it's 2-5 days after wards that you start getting the sores .

I never had symptoms .

I don't think you can genital herpes orally wise.

But I'm never gonna doubt it , shoot different things happen every day .

You got diagnosed with it ? I thought you were still awaiting your results .

• Posted

I was asking if I have only type 2, does that mean it is defiently off someone I haven't performed oral sex on, as obviously those that I have performed oral sex on would have given me type 1 as well, as I would have caught it from going down on them..

So the fact that I only have type 2 herpes, means that I caught it off someone who I haven't performed oral sex on.

Yes?

• Posted

I mean yes .

If you don't have type one . Then it has nothing to do with oral .

Are you still having a problem connecting it to who it was. ?

• Posted

Louise stop having unprotected sex!!!!!

Do you really want to keep putting in your mouth things that you have no idea where they've been?

You're dicing with your health every time!! It's not just herpes you have to worry about, how about Aids? Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, just stop!!

• Posted

Excuse me Barbara I am not still having unprotected sex and I do deserve to be spoken to like that when I am simply asking a question, after finding out I am positive!

I don't need a lecture. Do you know how long I have spent searching and searching for information about this virus?? I know right from wrong. I simply made a mistake okay!

• Posted

Why are you being so rude ? Pretty sure you have been in something similar otherwise you wouldn't be following this forum..

If you have had sex before I'm pretty sure you have done it unprotected before and all it takes is once . Stop lecturing and give advice

• Posted

You've only had one outbreak as of now i take it ? Are you in Any pain ? Did you talk to the guy you had unprotected sex with.? What did he say ?
    • Posted

I have never been in the this situation before and I'm not being rude just honest! The advice I'm sharing with Louise is not a lecture its common sense!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.