If it makes you feel better (DO IT)

Posted , 4 users are following.

New to the forum,clicked on Amitriptyline cause I have been on it for 8 yrs. I have bad anxiety and have suffered with migraines since the age of 4yrs old. This is a very cheap med and a very old med. Works for a variety of problems like headachs, depression, anxiety. I do take 20mg a day in conjunction with Cybalta. Thank god!!! works for me. If anyone is unlucky enough to have suffered with any of these problems I say whatever works. If there is a medication that makes you feel better Please do not wait. Go to you Doc right away.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Saw your post and immediately related. I also suffer from chronic migraines, and my neurologist put me on nortriptyline 10 mg (which I know is similiar to amitriptyline). I have been getting bad anxiety for the past couple of months or so, with all of the physical symptoms and unlike anything I've ever experienced. I just started the drug and I have been getting WORSE anxiety or what I think is anxiety at least (lightheadedness, muscle pain, panic attacks) seeing as how it's only been a week or so that I've been on the pill...I'm wondering if it could be making my anxiety worse? Although it hasn't been long at all that I've been on it. You say it helps you, so I wanted your opinion since you have been on it for so long! smile

• Posted

Have you experienced any weight gain from amitriptyline? I literally ballooned 20lbs in a few months despite dieting/ eating healthy. It's making my depression way worse.

• Posted

Hi Kimberly,

How long did it take to kick in? And did it make you worse before you got better? I'm taking it for my severe anxiety and panic attacks. I can't take anything else as I am pregnant. I'm only on my 5th day. I take 10mg at night and 10mg in the morning. I've not noticed any improvement. Maybe I'm being impatient but I can't help lose hope

Would greatly appreciate your feedback as I am desperate now.

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.