If you have more lows than highs does than mean bi polar

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had many diagnosis ,& have a high moodsbut not lasting weeks ,the highs seem to last a day or hours,but the lows are a lot worse.days weeks.does that mean it's bipolar.???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zenna, do you mind me asking what you have been diagnosed with? I've only ever sought help for depression and the doctor has diagnosed anxiety too (which I defo do suffer from at times) but I get 'highs' too that last only a few hours. 

However, I've recently begun to realise that my 'weirdness' that I hide from the outside world has many similarities to hypomanic symptoms. Also my overall moods seem to cycle. I've noticed I'll mostly do the 'weird' stuff when my anixety/anger/irritability is high, even though I am feeling what I would call 'normal'...i.e not depressed!

It's very confusing. I've only just started to tell my doctor about these things. I haven't told her much yet. Scared I might sound like a fool sad

• Posted

Which is terrible to admit as I've advised others to tell their doctors everything. Not good at taking my own advice sadly!
  • Posted

Hello Zenna - a few years ago I heard the expression "The Bi-polar Spectrum" meaning all sorts of variations on the scale - I think it's helpfuI sort of covers all possibilities.  Just in case you weren't aware, there's charity calle the Bi-Polar Organisation - I used to belong to a Self-help group which was incredibly useful for a while - they publish a magazine called Pendulum, also most informative though I got bored with it in the end.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.