IIH

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got diagnosed with IIH last may, I was 17 at time of being diagnosed, my experience was quite horrific tbh, doctors left me for weeks putting it down to migraines until I couldn't see, was having loads of noes bleeds and the only way I can describe the headache was someone pulling a burning rope round the back of my head and neck, my opening pressure was 64 so was really high, I have been in hospital a few times after being diagnosed, anyway I have had a pounding sore head the past week so took a trip to the opticians, the opticians advised me because my eyes are badly damaged my reactions are " sloppy" basically my pupils don't respond to light they stay the same size which is causing me really bad light sensitivity and headaches, I work with computers so anyone experienced this before and know anyway of reducing the headaches? I do already wear glasses with a tint in then 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I also work at a computer all day, and even with the screen brightness all the way to zero my eyes were very fatigued at the end of the day, making me more prone to headaches and migraines. I use a free software/app called " f.lux ", which further dims the brightness and adds in warmer light to give eyes a break. It self-adjusts according to time of time (to imitate natural daylight cycle), but you can also adjust based on what works best for you. Not sure if posting links is against the rules on this site, so google " f.lux" if you use a pc, or " Night Shift" for macs. I think they can each be set up on smartphones as well, if you use one a lot. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.