Iih and acne medication

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello!

So I had idiopathic Intracranial hypertension when I was 15 years old, 13 years ago no. At the time there was no obvious cause (no medications and wasn’t overweight) so I had a couple of lumbar punctures and have been fine ever since. 

Today however, I was prescribed 100mg doxycycline to take for a month for acne, but I can’t find anything online relating to the risks involved in taking it, and no doctor seems to be able to inform me any better. 

I was wondering if anyone has had iih before, and gone on to take acne medication without any problems? 

I lost quite a bit of peripheral vision the first time around and am terrified of losing anymore, but also so depressed with my acne - which nothing else seems to be helping!

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there, have you tried your tablets yet? I have read numerous times that acne medication can cause IIH. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.