Im really struggling today :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

sorry for posting loads but this is the only place i can speak about this.

Today i feel impending doom sad i just feel like my heart is going to stop!!

Looking at me no one would think anything is wrong as i look calm and ok BUT inside i just feel like my heart will stop and i cant stop thinking about it.

Im going to the doctors tomorrow to see if they can do anything, im waiting to hear from the cardiologist about having a holter fitted as i have palpitations/ectopic beats, but that wont be for another month :'(

what do i do.?? sadcry

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I know that with saying don't worry it won't help you much. But still don't worry, doctors are there for a reason, they will find the solution to your problem. I mean they didn't just spend all these years in med school for no reason. Espcially if you trust your cardiologist their is no reason to worry about.

All you got to do is calm down. Really find something relaxing to do for today. And go early to bed at least to get a good nights sleep.

• Posted

I saw the cardiologist a few months ago and used an omron test but that didnt pick up anything so she discharged me. Ive had about 3 ECG's (last one about 2 months ago) they said my pulse was a little fast but ok.

But they wont send me for a scan on my heart sad

• Posted

You should insist then on getting a 48 hour monitor fitted. Tell the doctor how your are feeling tell him/her your worries and that you can't no longer be worried sick. Tell him/her tha you need to know if there is something wrong so that you won't feel this way all the time. If he/she won't respond try getting another consult.
  • Posted

It's so hard when you feel like this . I know this sounds crazy but my son bought me a dog and she helps me so much. I promise things will get better okay. Do you have any friends ??? 

Try and buy something for yourself or buy some nice things for yourself .

i am new on here so I don't even know if you  will receive this message . If you get this I hope we can speak again . I know how hard things seem but honestly if I got over this I know with help you will be ok . Lots of love Jean

• Posted

Thank you for your responce, i have a dog and a toddler, but even when im with them i feel like this.

Im in work at the moment and noone would even guess what im feeling.

How did you get over this? i acnt stop thinking about it EVERY DAY sad

• Posted

Hey, 

I hate this feeling that you are experiencing just now. I had a monitor fitted for 48 hours due to my palpitations but all came back fine. They told me that they are normal palpitations brought on by anxiety. I always get feelings like my heart is going to stop. I am learning to control it, and I have to say reading things on here with people with similar symptoms is helpful.Your heart will be fine. Anxiety doesn't damage your heart. It's all to do with your brain going crazy and telling your body to feel this way.

You will be fine. I know it's hard, but keep telling yourself it is fine and that you are ok. I also gave up caffeine as it helped calm my nerves ever so slightly. 

I used to find, a bath helped me and some relaxing music but everyone is different. 

I really hope it eases off today. I had an awful episode last night but feel better today thank goodness. Here to chat if need be. Sometimes it's good just to talk it out!

• Posted

If they didn't think you needed a scan then they probably are right BUT ask them again and say it could put your mind at rest . Tell me how you feel and when these things happen , night or morning or try and explain how you feel.  Do you have friends or family ? What do you do during the day . I promise things will get better TRULY they will .

whats happened to you this last year or how ,one have you felt this bad . Try and tell me more soi can try to help .

i never thought I would get better but honestly I do feel better . Sometimes I am scared it will get bad again but it helps to talk. I haven't been to bed for two years now but I think soon I will do it yippeeeeee 

tell me how I can help you 

• Posted

The feelings im having now have been happening since my son was born 15 months ago.

they happen at no specific times just the thoughts and feelings pop into my head.

i work full time so the majority of the day im sat @ my desk working. 

Because of my palps and ectopics i think i have heart failure or i will have a sudden cardiac arrest.

A few ppl i know have had them (including a 14 yaer old) in the last 2 years and it freaks me out as i can happen to anyone.

I also have anxiety about my sons health sad

• Posted

I've been through all that with the holter etc as I have exactly the same: chronic anxiety, palpitations, heart skipping beats, health terror. Apart from ongoing psychotherapy which is obviously essential, the other thing I find brilliant is beta blockers. I have a prescription for very low dose (10 mg) propanolol tablets and if I'm going to have a stressful day (like, most of the time!) I take one in the morning... it slows my heart down to normal so (and this is important) I can't feel it. So I don't have that heart hammering effect which is telling me I'm anxious, and my heart is calm. Doesn't make me "normal"! – but it helps enormously.
    • Posted

I'm going I the docs tonorrow to ask about beta blockers.

The thing with me is I think it's not anxiety it's my heart because what if it is something wrong with my heart that hasn't been found :-(

And that is what I think about.

• Posted

That's how anxiety works, unfortunately. It always blames something physical in your body because that's easier (if you see what I mean – I don't mean anything's easy!!) than believing it's your brain causing the problem. In the end you will understand the brain/body link that gives you physical symptoms, but it can take a while. Took me about four years with the help of psychotherapy which I can't recommend highly enough, especially for someone like you (and me), as you say "Looking at me no one would think anything is wrong" – we keep everything inside, and talking about it to a professional listener is immensely valuable. Good luck with the docs and beta blockers. GPs generally are not good about anxiety/depression, they just seem to find it embarrassing, so I hope yours is okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.