Im worried I'm going into a flare up of Sarcoid

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello. Its 7 and a half years since I was hospitalised with Sarcoid. I used to chat on here regularly in the early days, but life then happens. To give a brief background, I went into infectious diseases in hospital and placed in isolation. I was in there 24 days. I was given one of the top consultants in the country as it was severe. After many tests, stopping all treatments because I reacted to everything they gave me, the gave me the weekend to pull though or not. They discussed amputating my legs as my streptacoccus rate was so high. I had that, bi lateral cellulitis, panniculitis, erethema nodosum. I went through was it lymphoma, TB or Sarcoid. I took the stance I didnt invite this into me, so whilst it will live with me, I will not let it rule me. The infections burnt the cells in my leg and leaves me with water retention which I take tablets to drain it. The most annoying part was the infections burnt both my legs in large patches. Id have been alot happier burning all my legs simply so I dont have to shave them. If I had this why couldnt there be an upside!

Anyway, I've cracked on with it. The weight gain, the aches, the pains, the poor sleep, the lethagy, and the rest are something Ive learnt to live with, as we all do. I've progressed onto a lesser consultant and just reached annual hospital reviews. I understand I will be monitored for 10 years, and after that I will only go to clinic if I have symptoms. I also understand that the more severe the attack in the first instance, the less likely it is to recur.

I had a telephone consultation with the hospital consultant yesterday. (phone due to Covid) I admitted to him that my breathing isnt as good as it was, the exhaustion - like when someone just pulls your plug out and you cant carry on is happening again. He is sending me for tests again. I can't mention it to my family as they are already scared for me due to Covid19. I think what I'm asking is this just me making things add up or does it sound like Im symptomatic again? I've excused it that I'm doing a more physical job, standing all day so more tired, pollen count is high, worrying about money due to being furloughed and not being paid that, could it me menopause etc.

For about 6 months I've been lethargic, not bothering to do things, that general dont feel very well, but cant say how you feel, broken sleep, over heating in the evening, cough is more dense, head pouring with sweat, deep itching all over, I wake every morning where ive taken my pj's off in the night without realising (assuming ive got too hot) . I have spots on my shin, sometimes show sometimes dont. Some people say they are sarcoid spots and some people say no such thing. Ive lost 2 and a half stone since lock down in March. It doesnt look like I have, even though you can see Ive lost some - and I need to lose more). That could be because I work with a feeder and indulge in their habit, because I was feeling low, and being broke is the best diet going!!

I've rambled enough, just IM not sure if I'm talking myself into another crisis, or its happening. Its only when I've sat and thought about all the little aspects that its adding up. The thought of more steroids fills me with dread

Anyway I hope youre all safe and protected as the lock down opens and all the masses dont give a toss about how it could affect people like us X

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.