Inability to Digest

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

I have been suffering from an inability to digest properly causing me to have to eat extremely frequently, until I discovered Betaine HCL + Pepsin. My hunch is that I have low stomach acid or gastroparesis (slow stomach emptying). However, when not taking the supplement, getting enough food in is very difficult and causes heart palpitations/quivering and ultimately leads to me eating 6-8 tiny meals per day. After starting to take the supplement, increasing the size of my meals has been possible.

Can anyone suggest other digestive problems that may be causing this? Until my gastro appointment comes, I'd like to experiment with other possible solutions to help digestion. It is worth noting that this problem has been leading to extreme loss of focus, inability to eat enough to support workouts and inability to hold a job so needless to say I have been under a lot of stress lately which I hear can cause things like this. Thank you all, much appreciated!

Best,

Anthony

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.