incostress... does it work?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Will it help with my urine incontinence?! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I struggled using incostress, couldn't keep it in place. Now when I do bootcamps or sprinting, I use an extra large tampon,  and it works  - no leekage,  And I can drink water during the sessions  too.
    • Posted

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I'm sick of going through

Pads and want something discreet as I'm off

On holiday in a couple of weeks and this problem

Has only started the last month or so due to 

stress I think. Thanks again for your advice

though.

• Posted

My doctor also prescribed me Lyrinel XL which is meant to be for urge incontinence but it worked well on my stress incontinence. Within a few days I was able to exercise without worry. I stopped taking it simply because I didn't want to have to rely on medication. Might be worth talking with your GP to see what they recommend 

• Posted

I've read that wearing tampons outside of menstruation is to be avoided because of the risk of toxic shock syndrome. 
  • Posted

I bought incostress too and couldn't use it.  It hurt too much because I'm so dry inside (side effects of two of my bp tablets cause dryness of eyes, mouth and other orifaces!).  Also, having had a total hysterectomy 20 years ago, there's no natural lubrication.  It does say you can lubricate the end of the incostress to help insertion, but it didn't help.  I didn't try to lubricate it all as it probably wouldn't have stayed in at all!  It was quite expensive and is now just stuck in a bathroom drawer.

I can't understand how Luoise 16822 thinks a large tampon can help with stress/urge incontinence though?  I understood that Incostress was used as a sort of exercise which strengthens the muscles of the bladder which hold the urine in.  A tampon is in the wrong place to soak up urine leakage!  And I can't imagine how you could use a tampon to excerise the bladder muscles?  However, if it works for you, good luck.  I know it wouldn't work for me!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply KathS I'm going to give

The incostress a go I think because I'm getting

Desperate my doctors are useless just because

My tests are coming back clear they aren't

really willing to do much more for me, I've not

Been prescribed anything and whatever I'm doing 

Is down to my own research. I've had enough 

And just want my old life back. A tampon wouldn't

Help for sure. I've had to start using tena

Products for now until I can do something. 

• Posted

My stress incontinence manifests itself when I am doing sports. Whilst researching, I read that gymnasts and athletes also suffer from leakage when doing their sports and some of them use large tampons as the tampon holds up the uterus wall against the bladder (or something like that). It totally works for me and there's no leakage even when sprinting, skipping or doing burpees. I have also recommended this to a couple of ladies at my running club, works well for one and not for the other. 
  • Posted

Thanks for the explanation of how a large tampon can help with stress incontinence.  I suppose this is feasible if you have a uterus.  Having had a total hysterectomy in 1990 I don't have one so it definitely wouldn't help me.

However, this information could be useful for those who do have one.  I'll keep this in mind for others I know with this problem as it may help them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.