Indapamide

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on cardioplen and ramapril for

High bp for couple years .

Had numbness in feet and leg couple years back, still occasionally.

Last couple weeks left ankle swelling so dr stopped cardioplen and gave me indapamide .started them Friday. Now eyes been feels by very heavy as if going to fall asleep,

Anyone else feel like this?

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

justme67...I think the heavy eyes is a very unusual side-effect if it is a side-effect at all. You've only been on the Idapamide (which I believe is a diuretic) a few days now & your body hasn't had the chance to adjust. I'd be inclined to wait a while, then

if the sensations persist, then by all means consult your doctor.

I know some people who quit tablets or other medications after just one dose because they feel something in their bodies they haven't felt before, then immediately blame the medication, thinking it's the something new, so that must be the cause. I have a friend who does the very same thing, & I simply tell her that one dose of any medication will not alleviate or cure what's wrong. The medication has to be given a chance.

• Posted

I was prescribed Indapamide for just under a month.  In that time, I experienced severe fatigue, depression, heavy legs and reduced sodium levels, plus constipation.  It raised both my creatinine and urea and reduced my already depleted kidney function by 5 points in that short time so had to be stopped.  I do hope you will be luckier than me - I am described as "awkward" as far as BP meds are concerned!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.