Indigestion for over a week

Posted , 6 users are following.

Occasionally over a period of time when swallowing a drink, usually tea, I would get a severe pain in the centre of my chest which would gradually pass. Last week I had it again but since then I have got constant indigestion which is mixture of a feeling of burning or severe hungar in my stomach and a feeling of something being in the centre just below my ribs.  Any thoughts anyone please.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi linn sounds like heart burn and probably acid reflux you probably have an in flamed gullet so don't drink hot drinks let them cool down I have this problem also try taking something like gaviscon or Zantac
  • Posted

Hi Lin, With these sudden symptoms, you should perhaps see your Doctor.
  • Posted

Lin,

Sorry for your problem and I really wish I could help you solve the mystery.  There are a few simularties, the chest pain, the indigestion, and always being hungry, all line up with my problem.  However, my problem, when it comes on is very pronounced, and seems to come on mostly when eating out.  I first thought an alergic reaction to MSG possibly in the food; but upon questing the owners and cooks, they did not use MSG.  However I have now had it occur when eating a meal at home.  It normally comes on after the hickups and is so  strong that I can't even speak.  One of the last attacks (abbout 4 hours in length) caused us to get ready for a trip to the Emergency Room (about 50 miles away), but just about the time we were ready to walk out the door, it eased.  Following these attacks, I can resume eating, and have no lasting effects from the attack.  Hope you can solve your mystery.

• Posted

Sounds to me like Acid Reflux. But that's just me. The burning, constant indigestion and a hungar feel'n in the stomach sounds real familar to me. I would go see a Doctor you don't fool around with constant indigestion that could me something else more serious, probably not but have em check it out. Meantime try some antiacids see  that hells.

Mack 

• Posted

I meant to say try some antiacids and see if that helps. Last message had a goofy typo. Best of  luck to you Lin.

Mack 

• Posted

Mack,

Thanks for the reply; but have been to doctors almost continously, 4 out of the past 5 days.  They have me on 40 MG of Nexium twice a day and no attacks since going on this regiment; however, I really wonder what the long term effect on my overall health will be with such a strong dose of these meds will be. 

• Posted

If that is  working for you "GREAT". My suggestion would be to drink the Heck out of as much water each day as you possibly can. I try to drink at least 32oz, and then go for 64oz . Doesn't always work but I try. I was on Nexium 40mg 2x daily and it didn't help me at all. Count your blessings and drink lots of water to help your organs. 

Mack

• Posted

Mack, Your reply to me I think was meant for William81563. Is that right?
    • Posted

yes it was. So sorry. How that happened is beyond me. But I'm glad you caught it. 

Mack

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.