Indigestion main Gallstone symptom

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I decided to share my story and possibly get some feedback from those who have suffered similarly. I am 35, female.

I have had on and off symptoms of indigestion, nausea, belching, constipation for the past 15 years. Nobody ever found anything wrong with me. Of course, according to medicine all I needed was an ssri (so wrong and so insulting!).

Approximately one year ago, the symptoms came back harder than ever and never left.

Several endoscopies, food intolerance tests, bloodwork done, sibo test, gastroparesis test, all came back negative. A month ago, I had a second US done and it came back showing gallstones. Scheduled to have gallbladder removed within a month but I have concerns since I don't get that classic gallbladder pain often or ever. I'm so afraid it's something else because my symptoms are not the usual ones I read about (I am guilty of reading Google but you become desperate when medical doctors let you down so many times).

I have had 2 gallbladder attacks since but my main symptom remains indigestion (I have a feeling that food around my belly button just won't move anywhere for up to 8 hours), belching, gas, nausea loss of appetite, constant fullness, heavy stomach after almost anything I eat. I stay away from fat. I stick to bland food. I am constipated more times than not (feeling like I can't empty completely)

On top of that, a year ago (and never before) I started experiencing symptoms like my heart skipping a beat and extremely low pressure, almost at a point where I could faint. Pulse above 90 when it happens. I had my heart checked by a cardiologist - all seems fine. I am fatigued all the time and indigestion is worse at night and it starts 2 hours after eating.

Nausea and indigestion brought me to the ER because I did not sleep for an entire week. I thought I would go insane. They gave me UDCA and it seems to help a little or at least enough that the indigestion episodes are shorter.

Indigestion feels like scratching pain around my belly button.

Several women in my family have had their gallbladder removed so that could play a factor as well.

I am not sure if anyone can relate to this but I thought I would put my experience out there. Maybe we can help each other and soothe some nerves ❤️

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Im having very similar problems this all started after covid 2 years ago. In addition, Im having daily blood sugar (hypoglycemia) issues, about 2-3 hours after meals. I also have gallstones but drs do not seem to think that is causing issues as my CT scan and HIDA scan were normal. I also have a family history of gallbladder issues. Im seeing a surgeon this month so will see what he has to say. Just wanted to know if you had the surgery and How are you feeling now, Did you get any help, anything resolved? This is so debilitating, affecting my life greatly i cannot eat anything fat, spicy, Fried, sugary, no caffeine, no alcohol, not even tiny bit of anything, lately, I cannot eat citrusy fruits, limited veggies, like no tomatoes

• Edited

Hi andrea,

I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain as I am writing this in the middle of the night having a painful belching episode.

I am still waiting on my surgery, the date was pushed back for a month. I intend on posting here every detail along my journey.

Doctors still don't think it's my gallbladder since I'm still experiencing mainly nausea and belching episodes. So I feel you on that one. They will make you feel crazy but from what I read on here, anything is possible with gallstones. Even stabbing pain in your anus (my friend had that). Don't give up and believe your symptoms, especially if you had attacks before. Have you had everything else ruled out? So you can be a little bit more sure about it being your gallbladder? I see you had HIDA scan done, my country does not even provide those. Having gallstones is enough for having your gallbladder removed (Welcome to eastern Europe!)

I also have sugar imbalances but I believe that's due to poor diet and not being able to stuff in enough food through the day. Trembling is awful when your body screams for calories.

For me, nausea got so bad I can only be crawled in a ball on the floor until it suddenly passes. And stomach feels like it's in a spasm. I can't stand straight when it happens so it somehow mimics an attack.

New symptom I'm experiencing is also numb feeling under my right rib, like something is dead in there or a feeling of having a golf ball stuck there.

Just yesterday I was at the ER being told the same crap I usually do. My blood work is always normal therefore I have no problems. But next week I am going to push for an emergency surgery because I cannot eat anything anymore. My weight is down to 52 kg and by the time of my surgery, I might be inoperable! My surgeon is willing to take me, so I keep my fingers crossed.

• Posted

UPDATE

Currently writing this from hospital bed. Turns out my gallbladder was inflamed for years as it was covered in scar tissue growing into my abdomen wall. A gallbladder like that gets stiff ans no longer functions properly.

Yes, nausea and bloating alone is a symptom of gallbladder disease. Blood results in my case did not show any inflammation. Ever! Both of these symptoms are gone at the moment although I have yet to try and eat a normal sized meal. I will keep posting updates as this is the information I wish I had while waiting on this surgery.

• Posted

Hi Petra, i just saw your post and I'm sorry for my late response I'm so glad your surgery went well and i wish you a speedy recovery Im glad you are getting some relief I went to see a surgeon and he believes its my gallbladder too So my surgery is scheduled on 12/1. I will write then. I know there is hope even for these non typical symptoms and there are still good doctors out there Wishing you all the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.