Inflammatory Bowel disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have been having bleeding from my back passage, fatigue and tiredness for weeks and finally got to the doctor today. She told me that I had IBD and that she would arrange for an urgent referral for a colonoscopy (2 weeks). She also said that I should come back if the symptoms got worse in the mean time. I am anxious that I maybe underplayed the symptoms slightly. every time I go to the toilet (5 or 6 times per day) it is bright red and seems not to be getting better. Should I go back or is it fine to wait two weeks?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,did doc examine your back passage to diagnose you with IBD? As you are 'going' many times daily and losing blood each time I would go back and see if doc will give you oral and or rectal meds while you wait for colonoscopy.These should make you feel a lot better in the meantime x
  • Posted

Hi...I agree with Jill...go back cd ur gp or with loss of so much blood ur  haemoglobin will drop quickly hence the awful fatigue.....also have research on Internet re diet and alternate treatments available........psyllium husk and psyllium seed .....seed is available on Internet but only at 'just ingredients' .......I could get it nowhere else in uk......in my own personal experience is excellent.....it triggers various changes in bowel which reduces inflammation.  MJ
  • Posted

How did you get on? I had similar toyou but didnt go to the doctors for over 3 months I had a flexibe sigmoidoscoby and i have UC.. my bowel is very inflamed. I hope you are ok xx
    • Posted

Yeah mine is much improved from doing the psyllium husk plus seeds. No bleeding since. I do go to toilet still several times a day quite loose stools. Am going to try taking loperamide couple times a day to slow motility.. Am also going to try l glutamine for gut healing...have just ordered it...am always in pursuit of improvement of symptoms xx
    • Posted

Hello Maryjo how are you? Did you get the glutamine? Is it working?

My mezaline hasn't stopped by bleeding and im very constipated!! Lol oh well could be worse!

• Posted

Yeah started it . I couldn't say if it helping or not. I'm kinda taking it is. As I take psyllium husk and seeds I hav no bleeding and I take loperamide which prob has helped with running to toilet. I had colonoscopy just over week ago and I have stricture or narrowing of sigmoid colon and I will hav to hav surgery. Also awaiting results of biopsy and hoping nothing sinister in it . Constipation is bit strange .... Usually opposite with uc unless u hav bit obs too. I would try to sort that out or u may end up with lot bleeding x MJ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.