Innapropriate Sinus Tachycardia

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with IST. At first they put me on anxiety medicine and then added propranolol. I gained weight and was so exhausted all the time. I finally stopped the anxiety meds and felt much better. I slowly started tapering off propranolol also. I have read that it is okay to have a faster heart rate. That you can live a healthy normal life and that it is not life threatening. I feel so much better and have energy. I felt numb on the medicine because it blocks your adrenaline. Now...I can actually feel excited and happy again. My heart rate has increased and sometimes just walking and cleaning house it goes up to 126 or 132. When I sit down it goes to 80's. It probably has always did this and i just didnt notice before. Does anyone else suffer from this? I have read that you don't have alot of options while having IST. Either meds or none. I am choosing none. The side affects are horrible. If anyone has any suggestions to help...I would appreciate.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was always told that a normal HA is anything between 60 and 100 at rest so yours doesn't sound to bad when your active, are you fit? If not then maybe you need to be referred for exercise at your local gym this will bring your HA down, must ask the question why did they put you on propropanal, was it because of anxiety if so and your Dr is happy for you to come off them that's great.

• Posted

I did exercise and that is when my heartrate started acting strange. I lost 20 pounds and was feeling great. Except my HR was erratic. I called my Cardiologist and he said I could come off the beta blocker since it was for palpitations. I gained 22 pounds on Propranolol and anxiety medication. So...I am.slowly exercising again. It scares me when I jog and my HR gets to 190. I have read that people. can live with IST without medication and that it is not dangerous. I just have a faster than normal HR.
    • Posted

That's about 11 and a half stone, quite light for a man and maybe a bit over for a woman, guessing your male though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.