Instable neck / Cruncing neck

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

Ive been having a very instable neck now for the past few years and it seems to get worse.

Though my docs keep telling me that there is no physical damage in my neck due 3 MRI scans and X-Ray's, it feels like my neck is very instable and cracking with every single movement. Over time i kind of got scared of moving my neck at all because of the constant cracking senstations. When i breath in i feel my upper back and shoulders making a popping sound.

Apart from having this i'd like to stay active and cycle and mountainbike a lot, though it kinda scares me with the constant cracking.

Been at multiple docs(Orthopedic surgeons, rheumatologist, physiotherapists, chiropractors etc) and tested negative for Ehler Danlos syndrom, Rheuma and other joint disorder. They keep telling me that cracking is normal (though is constantly...) and they dont know how to help me with it. All they can offer me is a multidisciplinary trajectory to relax a bit more.

I feel like stress and muscle tension might make the sensations and the cracking worse, but i dont really think its the cause of the problem. I followed a Physiotherapy education for 2,5 years but quit early and always understood that some minor cracking is nothing serious and related to gass. But if its constantly accompanied with pain it has to be taken seriously.

Im kind of scared that its related to cervical instability, however i can still weightlift and do 100km+ cycle tours. The orthopedic surgeons tell me that it cant be the cause of my problems, because i'm tested negatively for rheuma, didnt have a direct impact and the MRI's seems fine.. Though they cant tell me (apart from a multidiciplinar course) how to deal with the constant cracking and instable sensations.

Any thoughts here?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.