Intermittent Pelvic Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

Just looking for a bit of advice here.

I am currently facing light pain / ache in the pelvic region when standing. I have had it for a while now, but it is quite intermittent (once every couple of week), and does not usually last long (few hours). I can reduce the pain to zero by simply sitting down.

I do consider myself overweight, but I have recently changed my lifestyle to become more fit and healthy.

I often get a bad back when walking or standing for a long period of time, maybe due to my overweight issue.

Also, I have quite an active bladder and find myself going to the bathroom more times that most people, especially when drinking caffeine or alcohol.

I hope this gives you enough of an insight into my health. Your time and advice is much appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Chris, your weight will have a big impact on this sort of pain so if you can reduce that it will certainly help. Its probably arthritis and maybe some nerve compression that you are feeling. Lose that weight and then try to find a physiotherapist who can teach you specific exercises that will certainly help.

You dont say how old you are but if you are approaching 50 or older you may like to get your prostate checked. That may be causing the bladder problem. Cutting out alcohol may help as well.

Overall I think you have the normal problems that most middle aged overweight men get. However, you are now beginning to know that things will wear out and not function so well as you get older. If any of these problems get severe you should see your doctor and not just grin and bear it. A wellness check from your doctor would be ideal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.