Interstitial cystitis / bladder pain syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

PLEASE HELP!

10 weeks ago i had a episiotomy followed by two more trips to theatre over the space of 2 weeks. So in total I have had a catheter 3 times. I then got an infection that antibiotics cleared up.

5 weeks ago I started getting UTI symptoms but ALL tests were clear (urine, swab, ultrasound).

No antibiotics or pain killers have helped. One gyno said interstitial cystitis and I am now very worried because i know there is no quick cure and i am in constant agony with a new baby. I am pushing for a cystoscopy and have asked for a referal to pelvic floor physio. I will also only eat certain food and slowly re-introduce. HOWEVER, I am hoping it is just a problem from surgery and catheters.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Samantha. so sorry you're having such a horrible time especially hard with a baby to care for! From what you say, I Would think that your symptoms are caused by residual inflammation following surgery and the use of catheters. hopefully it will settle down with time and painkillers. if not, you could still have an infection that the test didn't pick up, or the possibility of IC has to be looked at. A CYSTOSCOPY would be the next best bet. inflammation causes very similar symptoms to a UTI and catheters are notorious for causing this. I really hope this settles down for you soon but please don't suffer in silence if it doesn't. stick to the diet so as not to aggravate it further. i had 2 coffees today (decaf) and boy do I know about it now! my own fault though. Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.