Interstitial Cystitis, Urethral pain, crooked urine stream?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 36 year old male. I've had IC since i was 19 and my symptoms usually aren't very bad. In the past few years they have gotten worse. I started having more spasms and then pretty bad pain on the right side at the end of my urethra. It feels like a needle pain sometimes and other times just burning or even a dull numb feeling. About a month and a half ago my urine would come out to the left every so often and stay that way. It wasn't after sex or anything like that and it's happened multiple times. No std's, no uti, prostate was checked and also had a cystoscopy and they saw no scar tissue or narrowing. My stream is kind of weak and other times not as much. I also go to a pelvic floor PT. The doctors don't know what to do now... Has anyone had anything similar or have any ideas? It feels like just one side of my urethra is swollen or something but I don't know if it's referred pain or what is going on....thanks for replies...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Sorry you are dealing with this. I have symptoms identical to yours. There is a couple things that help me I am not sure if you have already tried them since you have had IC for years now. One is a heating pad this helps with pain and discomfort until the flare passes. The second is D Mannose power in a cup of water morning and night. This helps most of the time but I have had some flares when it doesn't do much. Last thing is marshmallow root capsules two in the morning two at night until the flare passes. Doctors have not done much for my symptoms and have said its just a matter of finding different ways to manage it. I am constantly looking for new remedies to help with flares.

• Posted

what are your symptoms? Have you had weird urethra pain or a crooked stream? Those are the things concerning me...I'm used to the pain unfortunately

• Posted

yes urethra pain is the main thing that bothers me when I am having a flare. I don't have a crooked stream but i have a weak stream. Only when flaring though when I am not it goes back to normal.

• Posted

Hi I have similar symptoms my main complaint is burning sensation. When I'm having a flare the urine takes a while to come out. D mannose 4 tablets a day help. Also a heated pad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.