Intramural fibroids- so scared

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello! Since nobody in my country tells me anything and they just nod...as if i won t ever have kids....i turn to you for support. Yes, i have two uterine fibroids, and i am 30 years old. I never had an abortion or a misscarriage, i have always taken care of mr and my gynecologist was my best friend. I don t know how they got there, i never had a symptom of them being there. I don t have a genetical background for them and do on. They reccommended of course the hysterectomy, no worries if i wont have ever kids, they dont care. My fibroids are intramural, one is around 2 cm and one around 5 cm. They are both one next to the other. Has anyone gone for the embolization? From what i have read there are a few side effects. Thank you and stay health!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I am scheduled to have uterine Embolisation in September. I am happy with my decision and have heard many positive stories about its effectiveness.

Hopefully I will be able to share my own positive story when it's all over.

Women have gone on to have successful pregnancies after Embolisation but I think the risk of miscarriage is increased.

If you don't have any symptoms from the fibroids, you may not need to get them treated yet.

Keep researching, speak to your doctor, there are other procedures/medication available to help relieve symptoms of fibroids.

• Posted

I carried tow babies on separate occasions with one miscarriage in the middle.. My third baby was tiny so she survived.. I had a hysterectomy post pregnancies due to 5 large fibroids. Along with symptoms which I wanted gone.. Hysterectomy for me personally was the best option.
  • Posted

To be honest i think it is much easier for the doctors to suggest a hysterctomy. We are in a age where so much is available to us but doctors straight away go for the easy option. Maybe because a hysterctomy is less of a drain on the NHS. But even so i think it is very important to look at other options. I def will. I have an appt with the gyno tomorow so will let u know.
  • Posted

You have more choices than to just having a hyesterectomy, you could have a myomectomey laparoscopy or open you still have your womb intact and can get pregnant, you can do nothing and try for a baby when you are ready/want one it is possible to carry a baby whilst having fibroids depending on the size and location, fibroids grow usually with pregnncy hormones so you would be monitered.  After the baby is born they do usually shrink again and you can address needing treatment when your family  is complete or if your symtoms get worse.  If you are on FB can I recommend a group call Fibroids which was created by a lady in Amercian and offers lot's of help and support from women around the world with this problem.  P.s i also have the blighters to x
    • Posted

Hello. Yes, i am on FB. Thanks for the help. My FB is Iuliana Raluca Gheorghe. If it s easier you can leave a link or the name of the group. Is it just Fibroids?
  • Posted

I was 40 yrs old when I had laparoscopy myomectomy, they removed a 5cm fibroid and several others of small size. 2 months post op I became pregnant. Baby is due in 2 months.

My dr. told me aftermy surgery if I wanted kids, I should to start asap due to my age and also fibroids tend to return.

Every person is different. I consider myself lucky I became pregnant so fast.

• Posted

Hi ralacaiuliana!

I'm 29 and like you I have a couple fibroids and also want to have kids. I am currently taking Esmya to shrink the little troublemakers.

I recommend you to look for a new doctor who is willing to help you and explain it all to you. I had to change doctors because the first one told me that it would be difficult for me to get pregnant. I wasn't happy with that so I looked for a new doctor who explained to me all the options I have. She also said that nowadays there is no reason to be afraid of infertility because of the fibroids.

I don't know in which country you are, but I'm sure you will find the right way for you to achieve your goal of having children.

Greeting from Germany!

• Posted

Hello! Right now I am so excited because I feel like I have made a major breakthrough after a lifelong battle of heavy bleeding, tumors, blood transfusion, being anemic and having a rare blood type! I was following a discussion and another woman had success with taking apple cider vinegar along with blackstrap molasses, cutting down on dairy, exercising, etc. She indicated that after taking a couple of spoonfuls daily( I take one) of each for a few months the fibroids were shrinking. I decided to try it too after being given similar options. It's been almost 2 months and I am on cycle 2 since beginning to take it and my bleeding is very light. The first month I had 2 days of heavy bleeding and then it tapered off, This type around I was waiting for the big flood and I'm happy to say it never came!!! I think this may be the answer for me, and if so this will be the first time in my life after 30+ years of suffering I am finally free of all this and did it naturally with no drugs or surgery!! But it is still early so I am going to be patient continue to take the ACV and BSM along with other lifestyle changes and give it some more time. Hope all the best for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.