Irreversible Damage from Amlodipine

Posted , 2 users are following.

This medication has caused some sort of damage to my body that I can't fix even after losing weight and changing the way I eat. I was put on Amlodipine at 221 pounds and I stand at 5'5. My BP at the doctor's office was 140/80 and this was due to me being sick in 2019. Not only that but at the time I was on Effexor XR from my psych doctor. She gave me anxiety everytime I went to my appointments because she would tell me that I would die of a stroke and heart attack because my blood pressure is too high. My BP in office would be something like 130/80 or 125/80 . Nothing too high that would warrant blood pressure medication. I took her advice and got on BP medication. I was prescribed Amlodipine. I started taking the medication and the first thing I noticed was my feet swelled up. Not only did my feet swell up I had bad head aches and heart pain. I noticed sleepiness. The symptomps got worse.

Everytime I tried stopping the medication my numbers were in the stroke ranges. I started to tachycardia as well. This medication raised my baseline for what my body thinks is normal for BP. I never saw the numbers I saw 180/100 190/110 at 221 pounds. I lost 55 pounds and they reduced my dose. Fast forward to 2022 of October I had to stop the medication after catching Strep. It felt like someone stripped the arteries out of my chest after taking amlodipine. It felt like the veins in my neck were about to blow. After stopping the medication it has caused some sort of autonomic nervous system damage. I get shiver chills that run my BP to 180/120. It felt like my chest was being lacerated after I stopped this medication. I was only put on 5 mg. I think this medication has caused some damage that can't be fixed.

My other conditions when I stopped this medication

• ICP (Severe Head Pressure)
  • Heart pain
  • Higher diastolic
  • Arteries and blood vessells feel damaged
  • Arteries feel like they are overworking themselves
  • Artery pain
  • Bulging neck circulation
  • Gastro
  • Blood vessells in my brain feel like they are being torn apart
  • tachycardia upon standing
  • cold intolerance
  • shivers that cause stroke like blood pressure

Please do not take this medication it's dangerous.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Wow, I hope you have been able to get off of this? Those are some horrible side effects! I had bad side effects as well, not nearly as bad as yours but I had the worst heartburn ever and I really never suffered from that, my vision was blurry, headaches and just random aches and pains all over. I didnt feel like myself and had zero desire to do anything. Id also cry daily because I just didnt think I would ever feel ok again. I didnt even need this med, it was all due to a temporary spike from a health scare after taking a diet supplement, so it was part the reaction I had to this and also fear that I had a heartattack that caused my BP to spike. The doctors are way too quick to push meds on you! My holidays were the worst, Dec and Jan were just awful! Despite what my cardiologist said, I weaned off Amlo slowly and now its been several months and I feel like myself again. My BP is always around 117/75, more proof I didnt need it! I take Magnesium and add flavored beet root powder to chilled Hibiscus tea and this keeps it in check. I do hope you can get off of this poison!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.